1. Purpose: To expand and promote Hakka pop music, lead new trends of pop music, and search for the future star of Hakka pop music by designing, training and fostering new talents for the pop music industrial.
Organized by: Hakka Affairs Council of Taiwan
Implemented by: New Vision Integrated Marketing Communication Co., Ltd.
3. Qualification: Participation are open to all nationalities, ages, and those that are interested in Hakka culture, music composition, and singing.
4. Contest Schedule:
(1) Deadline for Preliminary Registration: From March 21 to May 17, 2022.
(2) Announcement date for Semi Finalists June 1, 2022.
(3) Professional Training for Semi Finalists End of June 2022.
(4) Semi-final Schedule: 1 P.M. (Saturday), July 9, 2022. Venue: Taipei Xinyi Chianti Avenue Plaza
(5) Professional Training for Finalists: July August, 2022.
(6) Finals and Award Presentation Ceremony: 1 P.M. (Saturday), August 20, 2022. Venue: Legacy Taipei
5. Contest Category: This competition are divided into "Composition Category" and "Singing Category."
6. Registration: Online registration only (https://hakkapopmusic.com.tw/hakkamusicsignup/signup.php)
(1) Registration for Composition Category
* Open to individuals, teams and bands. However, the main members of the compositions may not overlap with members of other registration or register concurrently through other categories.
* The songs that are registered to perform must be original song . Each person(category) can register up to 3 songs (including joint composition). Different artists of lyrics or music should be applied for contest registration along with the performer.
* For registration, please complete the application form from the main website, upload the audio file of the entries photo (full-faced and high-resolution half-length or full-length photo and other information before completing the registration procedures. (Photo specification: JPEG file with the size of at least 1 MB; Audio file format: WAV、MP4)
(2) Registration for Singing Category
* The singing category may be performed through solo ensemble or chorus without the restriction of mode. However, the main members of the compositions may not overlap with me mbers of other registration or register concurrently through other categories.
* The songs that are registered for performance must be Hakka pop Music (at least per person one). The preliminary round requires mostly the audio of cappella.
* For registration, please send out the application form to the main website upload the audio of the cappella work photos (full-faced and high-resolution half-length or full length photo and other information before completing the registration procedures. (Photo specification: JPEG file with the size of at least 1 MB. Please provide the YouTube link for the registration video)
7. Form of contest music:
(1) Composition Category Music
* Music must be an original song. The definition of original song includes the lyrics an d music composition, the original song concurrently registered under the same category. The lyrics or music can be composed by a different person from the team .
* All entries works must be companied by theintroduction and description of the lyrics.
*The content and musical style of the entries are not limited. However, the entries must include Hakka elements and the length of song limit is about 3~6minutes the most.
* The original song for the competition should not have won awards in other public competitions or have been digitally/physically distributed .
(2) Singing Category Music
* A pop song of your choice, which must cover Hakka lyrics or Hakka music elements, etc. The length of a cappella is limited to 2~3 minutes.
8. Instruction for overseas contestants:
(1) Online registration is only for preliminary rounds and the registration for the contest is the same as the way in Clause 6.
(2) Overseas teams for semi final or finals must comply with the arrival control measures and anti pandemic requirement of Taiwan during that period. Apart from the relevant funding for overseas semi finalists and finalists as described in Clause 11, such contestants shall pay for other expenses at their own expense
(3) For those shortlisted for the semi finals and finalists, if they cannot come to Taiwan due to the pendamic, they can choose to participate in the form of films. The participating film must provide a shooting plan before the shoot and comply with the following requirement:
* The shooting venue for semi finalist may be in the local rehearsal room or LIVE HOUSE. The film for finals must be produced in local LIVE HOUSE only.
* All entries film must be produced in HD high-resolution One Take, including audio and video, no editing, post-production, etc. Violators may be deemed as a waiver of the contest.
* Send the link of the entries film to the designated email within 7 days prior to the contest. Registration will be completed by email cormfirmation.
* Compliance with conditions subject to the latest official announcement.
9. Awards, Places and Prizes pool:
(1) Composition Category:
* One 1st Place: Prize pool of NTD300,000, a Trophy, a Certificate of Merit, an Award winning song recording and MV, and professional training for winning contestants.
* One 2nd Place: Prize pool of NTD200,000, a Trophy, a Certificate of Merit, an Award winning song recording and MV, and professional training for winning contestants.
* One 3rd Place: Prize pool of NTD100,000, a Trophy, aCertificate of Merit, an Award winning song recording and MV, and professional training for winning contestants.
* Three Honorable Mention: Prize pool of NTD50,000 and a Certificate of Merit.
(2) Singing Category
* One 1 st Place: Prize pool of NTD150,000, a Trophy, and a Certificate of Merit.
* One 2 nd Place: Prize pool of NTD100,000, a Trophy, and a Certificate of Merit.
* One 3 rd Place: Prize pool of NTD50,000, a Trophy, and a Certificate of Merit.
(3) The award prize should be determined by the co-winners at their own discretion.
(4) This competition may increase or decrease the number of awards there for depending on the entries.
For more information, please download the full guidelines below.